Historically, Chancery Lane near Thomas Earnshaw’s watch making premises near High Holborn, was known for its association with the Legal Profession.
Chancery Lane takes its name from the historic High Court of Chancery, which started its association with the area when the Bishop of Lincoln acquired the 'old Temple' in 1161.
The principal building of the Law Society, the professional body for solicitors in England and Wales, to this day can be found at No. 113 and the area is hub for professionals and some of the brightest minds in the country.
In tribute the Chancery is a stately grand timepiece offering the intricate mechanics and function of a self-winding automatic winding watch and power reserve on a clean classic dial reminiscent of clocks and timepieces that marked time in the hallowed halls of this famed area.